Accommodation Piracy Alert! Beware of Scams!
It has been brought to our attention that a misleading company called Expo Travel Bureau has been set up by an accommodation piracy company. Please note that the official Metals Investor Forum website is metalsinvestorforum.com.
We have also been made aware that there are certain companies calling delegates saying that there are issues with the hotel reservation they have made for the conference and then requesting credit card information. In some situations they are saying that they can get lower rates and need their original confirmation email in order to make the changes.
Be aware that they do not have room blocks at the conference hotel. Please do not provide them with any details of your reservation and do not give them your credit card details. If you have been approached, please email us at email@example.com immediately with details of the situation.
Do NOT provide them with your credit card/personal information/ confirmation emails.
These individuals are identifying themselves in different manners, which are all false. These include, but are not limited to:
- Representatives from the Official Housing Bureau
- Representatives from the Reservations Department of companies called the Exhibitors Housing Services;
- Exhibitors Housing Management; The Convention Housing Services; Trade Show Housing; Global Travel Partners or Exhibitors Management
- Staff from our preferred conference hotels
Disreputable companies include but are not limited to:
- BME-Global, Right Signature
- Convention Expo Travel/Canadian Expo Guide
- Global Housing Management (GHM Travel)
- EHS Housing Services
- National Travel Associates
- Convention House Planning (CHP)
- Convention Housing Services (CHS)
We are doing everything we can to address this situation and appreciate your cooperation.